Boost up your omega-3 fat intake with this quick and easy salmon cake recipe. Baked in muffin pans and served with a dill sauce, these cakes make a wonderful no-fuss light meal.
You can even freeze it for a quick and healthy supper whenever you need one.
1 (14 oz) canned salmon, drained, bones and skin removed
1 ½ cups bread crumbs
½ cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
1 rib of celery, finely chopped
¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
1 stalk green onions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
• ¼ teaspoon capers, drained
• ¼ teaspoon dill weed
• 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
• Dash of lemon juice
• Preheat oven to 425°F.
• Combine all the ingredients for the salmon cake in a large bowl and mix well. Place 1/3 cup of the mixture into 8 lightly greased muffin cups and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
• In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the sauce. Mix well.
• Serve the salmon cakes with the dill sauce on the side.