Blueberries make it to most home remedy books. They are rich in health benefits. They sure are treats that keep us healthy.
These berries are packed with antioxidants. These antioxidants are agents that neutralize cancer-causing free radicals which are also cause of other health conditions. Blueberries are rich in fiber and low in fat. They are also rich in Vitamin C which strengthens the immune system.
The US holds the largest production of blueberries. Early Americans use it for painting. They boil it with milk to produce grey paint.
They are great for people who suffer from Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). Just like cranberries, they have compounds that deal with the prevention of the bacteria that affects the walls of the bladder. Blueberries are known anti-aging forces, too. Since they are rich in antioxidants, they help in the slowing down of the cells’ breakdown and prevent inflammation.
You may begin hunting for different ways to consume these berry wonder. It offers so much that it should be on your list of things you need in your diet. What better way than put it in a cake! 🙂
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste or pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/2 pints of fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Mix 1 pint of the blueberries, 1/4 cup of the sugar, and the lemon zest and juice in a sauce pan. Cook from 5 minutes to 7 minutes until the blueberries pop.
- Mix the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water in a 1-cup Pyrex measure. Stir well.
- Add the mixture to the sauce pan with blueberry. Simmer until the mix becomes bubble and forms a thick composition. Do this from1-2 minutes. Transfer to the bowl then store in the fridge.
- Beat the cream cheese, salt, vanilla and 2/3 cup of sugar into a bowl of a mixer. Wait for at least 5 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Boil water in a medium sauce pan.
- Beat the eggs one at a time. When done, beat the sour cream until they mix well.
- Get the blue berry mixture and divide it into 8 Ball jars (3 tablespoons per jar).
- Divide the cream cheese filling among the jars, too. Smooth the tops.
- Get the jars and place them in a roasting pan. Put the pan in the oven filled with hot water up to half an inch to the side of the jars.
- Bake then wait until the cheesecakes are all set. (35-45 minutes, depending on the size of the jars).
- When done, remove from the oven and let it aside to cool. Refrigerate overnight.
- You can top the cheesecakes with the rest of the blue berries if wanted.