It would be great fun to change things up a bit and do brussels sprouts for breakfast in a ‘hash’ along with some bacon, onions and sweet potato served with fried eggs!
- 4 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- In a pan, cook bacon in a medium heat. Set aside.
- n the same pan, saute until tender the sweet potato and onion for about 4-8 minutes.
- After which, add garlic and saute until fragrant for a minute.
- Put in the brussels sprouts, wait until i’ts also tender, more or less 4 minutes, let sit until the bottoms start to caramelize, about 5 minutes, mix everything up, let sit for 5 minutes and mix it all up.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Create 4 small wells in the hash, add the eggs and cook until the desired level of done-ness.
Option: Place the pan in the oven to finish cooking the eggs and to ensure that the tops of the eggs cook fully.
Option: Omit the bacon and cook everything in 1 tablespoon oil for a lighter vegetarian version
Option: Add 1/2 cup coasely chopped kimchi before adding the eggs.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 472, Fat 25g (Saturated 8g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 369mg, Sodium 1069mg, Carbs 31g (Fiber 10g, Sugars 9g), Protein 34g