Planning to have a tea party? This yummy and chewy treat recipe is great to serve with your favorite tea and coffee.
– 2 eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 cups brown sugar
– 1/2 cup melted butter
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup finely chopped cashew nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a rectangular pan. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and foamy. Add in sugar, butter and vanilla. Continue beating until mixture is creamy.
3. In a separate bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder. Add gradually the egg mixture, mix well after each addition. Make sure it is well-blended. Put in the nuts.
4. Spread mixture evenly in the prepared pan. Then bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown. Cool then cut into squares or desired shapes.
You can also use pecan, almonds, walnut, or other preferred nuts.