Enjoy this healthy, light and delicious soup any day of the week or even for dinner. Fresh and crisp vegetables combined with delightful broth to serve before your main course.
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 tablespoon miso (soy bean paste)
• 1/4 cup chopped onions
• 2 ribs of celery, chopped
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
• half of a zucchini, cut in spirals
• half head Chinese cabbage chopped
• 4 to 6 cups vegetable broth
• salt and pepper to taste
• coriander leaves (optional)
• lemon wedges (optional)
1.) Heat oil and sauté miso with onions, garlic, celery, and ginger in a pan. Stir occasionally for 3 to 4 minutes.
2.) Add the carrots and cabbage. Continue cooking for another minute. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes until the miso has dissolved. Season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini or cucumber and turn off the heat.
Garnish with chopped coriander before serving. Add some lemon juice if desired.