Satisfy your burger cravings with this easy-to-do recipe. Grilled juicy burger, oozing with melting cheese, and tasty sautéed mushrooms.
vegetable oil, for sautéing
1/4 cup chopped white onions
800 grams ground lean beef
1 fresh egg
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
For the Cheese-Melt
3/4 cup cheese spread
2 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons grated quick-melt cheese
1/2 cup canned sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon butter
pinch of garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
4 burger buns, toasted both sides
potato chips (optional)
* Heat oil in a pan. Sauté onions until translucent. Set aside to cool.
* Make the cheese-melt: Combine cheese spread, grated cheddar, and quick-melt in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave for about 1 minute until cheese is melted. Set aside.
* Cook the mushrooms: Melt butter in a hot pan. Sauté mushrooms; add pinch garlic powder, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
* For the burger patties: Combine ground beef, cooked onions, egg, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape into thick patties.
* Preheat grill pan or griller. Grill patties to desired doneness.
* Assemble the burgers: Place patty on the bottom burger bun. Top with sautéed mushrooms and cheese mixture.
Arrange and serve on a platter together with your favorite chips or vegetables sticks if desired.