You can prepare this dish a night before your party. Marinating your chicken overnight would give a wonderful taste and richness in flavor. You can also use these recipe with beef, spare ribs, and pork chops.
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 2 to 3 tablespoons lime juice
• 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
• 1 teaspoon ginger, pounded
• banana ketchup, according to taste
• brown sugar, according to taste
• 1 whole medium chicken, sliced into serving pieces
• 1 to 2 pcs. Bird’s eye chilies, chopped (optional)
• Annatto extract (Achuete) mixed in oil. If Annatto is not available you can use olive oil for basting.
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 2 tablespoons lite mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
• chili pepper (optional)
1.) In a bowl combine soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, ginger, banana ketchup, and brown sugar. Add chilies if desired. Marinate chicken in mixture overnight.
2.) Grill chicken using your preferred griller, basting frequently with oil mixture or olive oil, until chicken is cooked.
3.) For the dipping: combine all ingredients and blend well.
4.) Arrange chicken in a platter. Serve with prepared dipping sauce.