A classic Italian-American dish made with mushrooms and dry Italian wine. Ingredients have been adjusted to conform to a renal diet plan.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin removed
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup sliced shallots
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Olivio® Premium Spread*
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup dry Marsala
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Coat chicken with flour and cook in hot oil for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from skillet, cover and keep warm
- In another skillet, Sautee mushrooms, shallots and parsley in Olivio® over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add wine and garlic powder. Season with black pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour over chicken and add vegetables.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with ½ cup white rice.
*Olivio® Premium Spread is a blend of vegetable oil and olive oil made into a spread. One tablespoon contains 80 calories, 95mg sodium, 8g fat, 0g trans-fat, and 0mg cholesterol. If unavailable in your area, substitute with a similar soft tub spread.
Nutrients per serving
Serving size: 1 chicken breast, 1/2 cup rice, 2 tablespoons sauce