Bring some wonderful and intense flavor to your table by trying out this delicious and interesting dish. Packed with earthy goodness flavor that you’ll end up finishing the whole plate. Add a mix of enoki, straw, and oyster mushrooms.
• 4 boneless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
• 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
• 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• ground white pepper, to season
• 2 Chinese sausage, sliced diagonally
• 2 tablespoons grated ginger
• 6 dried whole shiitake mushrooms
• 1 to 2 tablespoons cooking oil
• 1 bunch broccoli rabe
Thoroughly rinse shiitake mushrooms and place in a bowl. Pour 1 cup hot water over mushrooms and allow to soak until soft and plump, about 15 minutes. Remove and slice the mushrooms in half. Set aside.
In a pot or skillet heat oil. Add in chicken, stir-fry and cook for about 5 minutes or until chicken turns slightly brown.
Combine dark soy sauce, garlic, black bean sauce, sesame oil, and season with white pepper in a bowl.
Add mixture to the chicken and continue stirring. Blend well. Add in sausage, grated ginger, and mushrooms. Cover the pot and simmer over low heat for about 5 to 7 minutes. Mix in broccoli rabe and cook for additional minutes. Avoid overcooking the vegetable to retain its nutrients and flavor.
Transfer onto a serving platter and serve with steaming hot rice. You can use your choice of meat and mushrooms.