5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 stalk green onion or spring onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 teaspoons curry powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
3 teaspoons garam masala
2 teaspoons salt
5 teaspoons salt in a pot of water
14 ounce coconut milk
2 tablespoons chopped parsley, to garnish
* In a large covered pot, boil the potatoes in salted water until tender.
* Drain to steam dry for 2 minutes then set aside.
* In a large saucepan, cook and stir the garlic and onion in vegetable oil until onion is translucent.
* Add the cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, ginger, garam masala, and curry powder, then stir for 2 minutes.
* Add in the tomatoes, coconut milk, and potatoes and simmer for about 10 minutes. Transfer in a serving bowl and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve hot and enjoy!