Indulge without remorse with this candied ginger and key lime cheesecake. Yummy and delicate taste dessert to serve over a tea party or after a hearty meal.
1 1/2 cups crushed graham cracker
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon softened butter
1 cup cottage cheese
1 lb cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup key lime juice
1 tablespoon maple syrup, adjust if needed
2-3 tablespoons candied ginger
1/4 cup milk
key lime zest
* Brush an 8-inch springform cake pan with the softened butter. Set aside.
* In a bowl, mix all crust ingredients. Press evenly over bottom and along sides of pan. Refrigerate while making the filling.
* Preheat oven to 375 °F.
* In a large bowl, whip in cottage cheese until smooth. Add in cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla extract. Add in lime juice, maple syrup and candied ginger. Stir in eggs. With a spatula, add milk. Pour into the pan with prepared crust.
* Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes.
* Remove from oven. Let it cool for 20-30 minutes before unfolding. Decorate with whipped cream around the sides and garnish with key lime zest. Refrigerate 3-4hours.