Let your family members help to make these healthy skewers for dinner. It’s a perfect way of bonding, cut everything up first then ask for their help to thread the ingredients onto the skewers.
– finely grated zest and juice from 1 lemon
– 2 tablespoon olive oil
– 2 tablespoon dried oregano
– 2 cloves garlic, crushed
– 450 grams Italian sausages, parboiled: place them in a saucepan with cold water. Bring to boil and cook for 10 minutes. (You can also use leftover cooked sausages)
– 250 grams haloumi cheese, cubed
– 250 grams cherry tomatoes or regular tomatoes, sliced in 4
– 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices
– 1 red onion, cut into wedges
– bamboo skewers, soaked in water
– salad leaves, to serve
1. Combine lemon zest, juice, oil, oregano, and garlic in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
2. Thread sausage, haloumi, and vegetables alternately onto skewers. Brush with half of the lemon mixture; reserve remains lemon mixture.
3. Preheat a grill pan or barbecue grill on high heat. Cook skewers for 8 to 10 minutes, turning, until evenly browned and sausage is completely cooked through.
4. Serve skewers with salad, drizzled with remaining lemon mixture.