Start your day right and get your daily dose of antioxidants from this refreshing blend of green tea, sweet honeydew melon and bananas with a touch of honey and almond milk.
Green tea is regarded as one of the world’s healthiest food, containing the most amount of antioxidants than any other tea. These antioxidants, called polyphenols, are thought to give green tea its anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. Other health benefits associated with green tea include enhancement of cognitive function, assist in weight loss and reduced the risk for heart disease, stroke and type II diabetes.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- ½ large honeydew melon, cut into chunks
- 1 banana, cut into chunks and frozen
- ¾ cups strong brewed green tea
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Steep 2 green tea bags in a cup of hot water for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine the melon, banana, green tea, milk and honey in a blender. Blend on high until you get a smooth consistency.
- Pour contents into a tall chilled glass. Serve immediately.