• 6 tablespoons honey
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
• 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
• 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chilies
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 4 (8 oz each) salmon steaks (each about 1 inch thick)
• vegetable oil
• salt and pepper to taste
• spring onions, chopped, for garnishing
• toasted sesame seeds, for garnishing
• Mix cilantro, honey, hoisin sauce, ginger, chilies, and brown sugar in a bowl. Stir to combine well.
• Preheat the broiler.
• Brush the salmon steaks with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Brush with some of the honey-ginger glaze. Broil salmon until opaque in center. Baste occasionally using the remaining glaze. It will take at least 4 minutes on each side. Once done, transfer the salmon steaks to plates. Sprinkle sesame seeds and chopped spring onions on top. Serve and enjoy!
Honey bees are the only insects that produce something for man. They have been around on the planet for millions of years and has served the planet both with their honey and as environmentally friendly agents of pollination.
Honey is one food wonder. It contains all the necessary ingredients to sustain life. It is a great find in a forest and a practical ready-to-eat snack in while hiking or going in a jungle adventure. Honey has all the enzymes, minerals, water, and vitamins. It contains pinocembrin. It is an antioxidant that is linked to the improvement of the brain function. It is also important to note that honey is the only food that contains pinocembrin.
Honey never spoils. Especially when it is stored in an airtight container. A container of honey found in an Egyptian king’s tomb was still found edible despite being there for almost two thousand years.
Honey is 20 percent water and 80 percent sugar. There was a time that honey was so important and was so in demand that some rulers demand honey and beeswax as payment for taxes.
Honey was not just a sweet treat. It has been used in the medical field in ayurvedic medicine and other traditional methods. It has been used treat moods and other medicinal compounds. The ancient Greeks believed that eating honey makes a person live longer.
Honey is proven to help in the area of cancer and heart disease. It has properties to boost the body against the mentioned conditions. It has flavonoids that help lowering the risks of these conditions’ occurrence.
Some treatments today rely on the potency of honey. Honey treatment in the cases of ulcers and other gastrointestinal problems have shown positive results. This is due to the anti-bacterial and antifungal properties. This is due to the fact that bees add an enzyme that generates hydrogen peroxide.
In cases of cough and throat irritation, honey offers the best home remedy solution. It has cured most irritated throats and cough syndromes both in kids and among adults. It helps bringing relief in the mouth and throat by making a protective film over them. It also soothes coughs and other related conditions that make sleeping difficult for children.