Sweet and saucy honey walnut shrimp – no need to order takeout with a recipe this quick and tasty!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- oil for frying
- 1 pound shrimp (peeled and deviened)
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Bring the 1/2 water to a boil and then add the 1/2 cup sugar. Stir well.
- Add the walnuts once the water turns to golden for 2 minutes.
- Prepare the parchment paper where you will let cool the walnuts when strained.
- Heat the frying oil in a pan.
- Dip the shrimp into the egg and then into the corn starch.
- Fry the shrimp in the oil until golden brown
- Mix the mayonnaise, honey, sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Serve the shrimp garnished with the walnuts.