Quick and easy to assemble, this is a delicious cookie twist to the all-time favorite chocolate-covered cherries.
Makes 16 servings
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup stick margarine
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ cup low-sugar cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray an 8×8-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the margarine in a medium saucepan. Take off heat and add in the sugar and stir until smooth and slightly cooled. Blend in the egg. Add in the cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla, stirring until the cocoa is fully incorporated. Add the flour and stir just until smooth.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan and top with cherry filling.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the top becomes slightly crusty. Sprinkle on the chocolate chips. Bake for another 8 to 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean with a few moist crumbs.
Nutrients per serving
Serving size: 1 bar