Mie Goreng is a spicy and flavorful fried noodles. A popular dish in Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia. Try to add some pork, beef, prawns or meatballs to make it an extra hearty dish.
– 250 grams fresh egg noodles
– 100 grams boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
– 1 teaspoon olive oil
– 2 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
– salt and ground black pepper
– 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
– 1/2 cup shredded carrot
– 1 cup shredded cabbage
– 1/2 cup sliced green beans
– 1/2 cup sliced fresh button or shiitake mushrooms
– 1/8 cup dark soy sauce
– 1/8 cup sweet soy sauce
– 1/8 cup oyster sauce
– 1 teaspoon chopped bird’s eye chilies, optional
• Combine sliced chicken, olive oil, 1 teaspoon garlic, some salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss well. Set aside.
• Heat vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. Sauté chicken until it is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add in the remaining garlic and shallots. Sauté until they start to brown. Add carrots, cabbage, green beans and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables are slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Add noodles and soy sauces into chicken mixture. Stir fry until noodles are cooked.