This is an inviting portion of fresh shrimp seasoned with kosher salt and Szechuan peppercorns, that is to die for. Fried and serve with special mayo dip that blends well together.
8-10 pcs shrimps or prawns, cleaned, heads removed, shelled
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt or rock salt
1 teaspoon Szechuan peppercorn
Cooking oil for frying
1 tablespoon chopped spring onions
4-5 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1 1/2 teaspoon pickle relish
Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
* Crush and grind salt and peppercorn in pestle and mortar until it turns to fine mixture. Transfer in a bowl and sift in flour. Mix well.
* Heat cooking oil in a wok. Beat egg in a bowl. Dip shrimps in beaten egg, then dredge in flour mixture. Deep fry until golden brown. Place on a platter with paper towel to absorb excess oil.
* For the dip: combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix and blend well.
* Transfer cooked shrimps in a serving platter and sprinkle with chopped green onions. Serve with the prepared mayo dip.
* You can also use squid if shrimps are not available.