Thinking of a healthy and nutritious food to prepare? Here’s a delicious salmon dish recipe and tasteful cucumber sauce to try.
– 1 lemon, cut into 8 cartwheels
– 4 salmon steaks, sliced 3/4 to 1 inch thick
– salt and pepper, to season
– 1 medium cucumber, peeled, remove seed, shredded and well drained
– 1/3 cup sour cream
– 1/3 cup lite mayonnaise
– grated peel (zest) and juice of 1/2 lemon
– 2 tablespoons chopped white onions
– 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
– 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
– 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Place salmon steaks on steamer rack. Season with salt and pepper. Put lemon cartwheels on each steaks.
2. In a 10-inch covered skillet, add 1 to 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil. Place steamer rack in skillet and cover. Steam salmon for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
3. To make the sauce: Combine shredded cucumber, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, onions, parsley, rosemary, and garlic. Mix until blended.
4. Arrange salmon in a platter and top it with the cucumber sauce.
You can serve this dish with your favorite vegetables side dish.