So easy to make and inexpensive! This drink is wonderfully tangy, sweet and refreshing!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lb. strawberry (hulled)
- 4 cups sparkling water
- To create the syrup, combine the following in a medium saucepan: 1/2 cup water and sugar over a medium heat, keep stirring for about 2-3 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Using a food processor, put in the strawberries, process it until smooth or about 1-2 minutes.
- Strain the puree through a fine sieve or a cheesecloth.
- Use a large pitcher and put together the strawberry puree, the syrup and the lemon juice. Whisk them together.
- Keep it chilled in the refrigerator, once chilled, serve over sparkling water and ice.
- Garnish with a piece of fresh strawberry, a slice of lemon and a mint leaf.