This Asian dish with a twist deserves a slot on your daily menu. Crispy fried chicken poppers coated in a savory, sweet, and sticky sweet chili sauce. It’s utterly appetizing, delightful and so good!
2 skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
Salt and pepper
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
Cooking oil, for deep frying
1/2 tablespoon cooking oil
1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic
5 tablespoons bottled sweet and chili sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
* Heat ample amount of cooking oil for deep-frying in a large skillet.
* Rub chicken with salt and pepper to season. In a bowl combine beaten egg, flour and cornstarch. Whisk with fork. Dip chicken in and coat well.
* Place and fry chicken in the hot oil. Cook until golden brown. Transfer on a plate with paper towel to remove excess oil. Set aside.
* Clean up the skillet and heat 1/2 tablespoon cooking oil. Sauté ginger and garlic until the aroma comes out. Add in sweet chili sauce, brown sugar and a pinch of salt. Stir in the chicken and coat well with the sauce.
* Transfer in a serving bowl, sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped cilantro.
Serve hot and enjoy!