Steamed soft tofu in a sweet and spicy sauce with ground pork, a light protein-rich dish.
– 2 pcs. 5 x 4″ blocks of soft tofu
– 1/2 cup cooked ground pork, stir-fry in vegetable oil
Sweet and spicy sauce:
– 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
– 1/4 cup chili sauce
– 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
– 3 tablespoon sesame oil
– 2 tablespoon brown sugar
– 1/4 cup water
– 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
– 2 tablespoon chopped spring onions
1. Cut Tofu into 1″ cubes and arrange in a heat proof dish.
2. Combine all the ingredients for the sweet and spicy sauce then add the ground pork. Mix well.
3. Pour the sauce mixture over the tofu. Cover and steam for 20 minutes. Start timing when the water in the steamer starts boiling.
4. Remove from steamer and sprinkle sesame seeds and spring onions before serving.
Serve it with hot rice if desired.