Turn to this Thai-inspired stir-fry for a quick and easy dish. Basil and Cilantro leaves give this meal a bright and tasteful flavors.
– 400 grams fresh squid, cleaned, and cut into rings
– 1/3 cup green and red bell pepper strips
– 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
– 1/2 cup loosely fresh Thai basil leaves
– 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
– 3 tablespoons chili garlic paste
– 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon fish sauce, to taste
– 1 tablespoon lime juice
– 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– brown sugar, to taste (optional)
1. Heat oil in a wok. Add bell peppers and sauté until slightly tender. Add garlic, cilantro and chili garlic paste. Stir-fry until fragrant.
2. Mix in the squid: stir to combine well.
3. Season with dark soy sauce, fish sauce, and lime juice. Add in sugar if desired. Stir a few times before adding basil leaves. Don’t over cook the leaves to maintain freshness.
Transfer to a platter and serve immediately. Garnish with some basil leaves.