This dessert is delightful one, Inside a crisp toffee is soft and tender apple with all the juices trapped inside the outer toffee shell.
– 2 medium green apples, peeled and cut into quarters
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 cups water, divided
– 3 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
Vegetable oil for frying
– 2 cups sugar
– 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Cut each Apple quarter in half crosswise to yield 8 pieces total.
2. Place flour in large bowl. Blend in 1 cup of water using a whisk. Add 2 teaspoons of the sesame oil; beat until smooth.
3. Brush a serving plate with remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Set aside.
4. Add Apple pieces to batter; stir to coat well.
5. Heat vegetable oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat to 375°F. Using a slotted spoon, lift about 1/2 the apple pieces at a time from batter and add to wok. Cook until light brown, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
6. Remove oil from wok; do not clean out wok. Pour remaining 1 cup water and sugar into wok. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches about 235°F on a candy thermometer (soft stage), 10 to 13 minutes.
7. Remove from heat immediately. Stir in apples and sesame seeds. Transfer to oiled serving plate. Let it cool for a minute then serve.