Fricassee is a French word for sautéed chicken with the usual white sauce. This chicken recipe is a good food to serve to your dining table. Everyone can enjoy the superb sautéed chicken with creamy-tomato taste of the sauce, with slices of mushroom.
1 large onion, sliced
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
5 pieces chicken, your choice of part. (Used in this recipe: legs, thigh, and wings) rubbed with salt and pepper
1 chicken bouillon with 1 cup water or 1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup all-purpose cream
chicken salt, to season or iodized salt
1 tablespoon dill (optional)
* Sauté onion and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon butter or margarine. Set aside.
* In another pan, sauté chicken in remaining butter or margarine until brown. Add bouillon, tomato sauce and 1 cup water. Season with chicken salt, according to desired taste.
* Simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Lower fire and add cream, stirring continuously. Simmer for another minute. Add in onion-mushroom mixture.
* Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with fresh dill. Bon Appetit!
* you can use mushroom stock instead of water for a more flavorful dish.