Enjoy this lighter yet creamier version of the popular dip, with just the right kick from the full flavor and aroma of garlic.
– 12 cloves roasted garlic, peeled
– 1 1/2 cup canned or fresh artichoke
– 1/2 cup silken tofu
– 1/2 cup grated low fat cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup cottage cheese
– 1/2 cup creamy yogurt
– 3 tablespoon light mayonnaise (optional)
– 1/4 cup sliced sun dried tomatoes
– 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, for topping
– 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Roast garlic by gently cooking peeled garlic cloves in cooking oil until they are light brown and soft. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F.
3. In a blender or food processor puree the artichokes, tofu, and roasted garlic.
4. In a separate bowl mix together the grated cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, creamy yogurt, salt, and pepper.
5. Stir in the artichoke puree and pour mixture into a medium-sized baking dish.
6. Sprinkle the top with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered until heated through and the cheese on the top starts to brown, about 15-20 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!