This palatable sandwich has a sweet, tangy and creamy taste. Substitute mayonnaise with avocado. You’ll get the creaminess taste, but on the healthier side.
• 1/2 cup avocado, diced
• 1/4 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon mustard
• 1 teaspoon honey
• salt and pepper, to taste
• 8 pcs. Medium eggs, hard boiled and coarsely chopped
• 1 pc. small red onion, chopped
• 2 pcs. medium celery stalks, chopped
• 8 pcs smoked ham, cooked
• lettuce leaves
• wheat bread slices
1. In a medium bowl, combine avocado, basil leaves, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire, mustard, honey, and salt and pepper. Mix well. Add in eggs, onion and celery.
2. Assemble the sandwich. Toast wheat bread. Put avocado and egg salad on bottom of bread. Top with tomato, ham and lettuce. Put in a oven toaster and toast for about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove, slice in half and serve immediately.
You can also put your favorite vegetables, choice of meat and use desired bread. You can also substitute ham with salmon or tuna.