Serve this baked Beef Chimichanga with salsa sauce and sour cream. Easy to prepare and sure to become a favorite!
- 1 lb cooked lean ground beef
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper
- salt and pepper to season
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8 flour tortillas
- olive oil to brush on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with parchment paper olive oil.
- Start by cooking the lean been if a frying pan, breaking the meat up into nice crumbs.Cook until no longer pink. Drain off any fat.
- Add the chopped onions and celery, chopped red and jalapeno peppers and cook for five more minutes. Turn off and set aside. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, pepper jack cheese and taco seasoning.
- Fold in the cooked beef mixture.
- Divide onto the 8 tortillas.
- Tuck in sides and roll up each tortilla.
- Lay seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Brush the tortillas olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn each Chimichanga over and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Serve with sour cream and salsa, grated cheddar cheese and chopped green onions.
Adapted from: http://grandmotherskitchen.org/