A simple appetizer that’s good to serve when an unexpected guest comes. A yummy and delightful eggplant recipe that is fast and easy to make.
– 1/4 cup flour
– 1/4 cup bread crumbs
– 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
– pinch of salt
– 2 eggs, well beaten
– 4 eggplants, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick, crosswise or lengthwise
– 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
– 1 lemon, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl, combine flour, bread crumbs, sesame seeds and salt. Dip the sliced eggplants into the beaten eggs.
2. Coat them with flour mixture. Arrange the Coates eggplants on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Bake for 10 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 300°F. Turn over the eggplant slices and bake for another 10 minutes or until crisp brown.
Serve hot with squeezed lemon and sour cream dip.