A quick and saucy sesame chicken dish you can whip up in a hurry. Sweet and saucy sesame chicken the whole family will love!
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- canola oil for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili paste, or 1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- sesame seeds, toasted for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Season the chicken with a little salt and pepper and then dredge in the panko bread crumbs until they are evenly coated. P
- Place on the baking sheet, drizzle with a little oil and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.
for the sauce
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, add the sesame oil, ginger, chili paste, and pepper flakes and stir for a few seconds then quickly add the stock, soy sauce, honey, vinegar and brown sugar.
- Stir until it comes to a boil.
- In a small dish, whisk together the cornstarch and water, once the mixture is boiling, slowly add the cornstarch mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Often i turn it to a simmer while i check the chicken.
- Once thick, pour over chicken and top with sesame seeds. serve immediately.