Moist banana muffin layered with sweet chocolate chips, toasted walnuts, and dash of ground cinnamon perfect with a cup of tea, coffee, or cocoa. A comforting way to cap the night with your loved ones.
– 1 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips
– 1/3 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
– 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 cup ripe bananas, slice thinly
– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 2 medium eggs
– 1 1/3 cups mashed very ripe bananas
– 2 tablespoons classic coffee powder, dissolved in 3 tablespoons hot water
– 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush muffin tray with butter.
Stir chocolate chips, brown sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts in small bowl until well blended. Set aside.
Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into medium bowl. Set aside.
Cream butter in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Add sugar gradually, when butter is light and creamy. When mixture is fluffy, add egg one at a time. Beat in mashed bananas, coffee, and evaporated milk. Then add in the dry ingredients and blend well.
Pour batter into prepared muffin tray. Sprinkle with streusel and top with sliced bananas. Bake muffin for about 45 minutes. (or until tester inserted into the center comes out clean). Cool muffin in pan.
* Use very ripe bananas for this recipe. The more ripe the bananas the more moist the muffin will be.
Dark chocolate has phenols which are known to lower blood pressure.
Bananas is rich in many nutrients specially potassium. It helps you to prevent muscle cramps.