Mexican wedgies are crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside! This irresistible recipe is easy and fun to make together with your family or friends.
Servings: 6 to 8
– 1 tablespoon cooking oil
– 1/2 kilo ground Beef
– 1/2 cup chopped onion
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 1 tablespoon chili sauce
– 1 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
– 1/2 cup quick-melt cheese
– 1 cup diced tomatoes
– 4 large flour tortilla
Oil for frying
– 1 cup sour cream
– 2 tablespoon lite mayonnaise
– 1 tablespoon coriander or parsley leaves, finely chopped
1. In a frying pan with a very little oil, brown together ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat changes in color. Add in cayenne pepper and mix well.
2. Season with salt and chili sauce. Cook for another 2 minutes.remove from heat and set aside.
3. Put 1/2 cup of the ground beef filling, quick-melt cheese, cheddar cheese, and tomatoes onto the half side of each tortilla. Fold the other half of tortilla over and press to remove any air pockets.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in pan to medium high, and when hot, place filled tortillas into the pan 1-2 at a time.
4. Fry until golden brown. Remove and place on a paper towels to remove excess oil. Cut into wedges.
5. Mix together lite mayonnaise and sour cream in a dipping bowl, put in parsley or chopped tomatoes on top.
6. Arrange in the platter. Squeeze some lime juice (optional). Serve And enjoy..