1 kilogram beef sirloin, sliced thinly
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
1 cup water
3 large white onions, cut into rings
3 tablespoons cooking oil
cracked black pepper to taste
* Combine beef, soy sauce, lime juice and pepper. Marinate for at least an hour in the refrigerator.
* Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat and fry onion rings for about 30 seconds. Remove from the skillet and drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
* Remove beef from marinade and squeeze out excess liquid, save the marinade.
* Using the same skillet, heat remaining cooking oil over high heat. Stir-fry beef for about a minute, then pour in the used marinade and water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes. Add 1/2 of the onion rings to the beef and cook for another 3 minutes. Taste and season with more soy sauce or water according to your taste.
* Remove from skillet and transfer to a serving dish. Top with the remaining onion rings. Serve hot with steamed rice, fried rice or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!