This recipe is a great choice for those who are looking for ways to pump up iron in their system. Beef is a good source of iron while broccoli is a great source of Vitamin C. When the body lacks iron, there is a feeling of tiredness, a foggy mind, a pale complexion.
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 pound of flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Sriracha, or more, to taste
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2/3 cup of reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Get a medium-sized bowl. Put chicken stock, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, Sriracha, ginger, cornstarch, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 cup of water in the bowl and whisk them together. Set aside when done.
- Over medium heat, heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Put the steak and cook it until browned. This will take from 3 minutes to 4 minutes of cooking.
- Add the broccoli and soy sauce mix. Wait until the broccoli is tender and the sauce is thickened. This will take from 3 minutes to 4 minutes.
- Serve right away.
Green vegetables are packed with tons of nutrition. You can never go wrong by consistently and intentionally adding them to your diet. It is consumed whether raw or steamed. It is also used in many foods like pasta. It is also used in Chinese food. Broccolis can be used as a snack, mixed in soup, and in salads.
Broccoli has its roots in Italy. It has been consumed since the 6th century BC. Being a member of the cabbage family, the cruciferous vegetable, its name was coined from the Italian word that means the flowering top of a cabbage. In some cases, the word Is traced to a Latin word that is translated as arm.
Broccolis are packed with vitamin C. A cup of chopped broccoli provides all the vitamin C you needed for the day. They are also rich in Vitamin A. These vitamins are popular against cancer. The keep the eyes at optimum health, It is known to prevent glaucoma and other degenerative diseases related to the eyes. The skin is better protected, too, and kidney stones are broken down.
Kaempferoi is a known flavonoid. It is an anti-inflammatory kind of flavonoid. It is good against cancer and heart diseases. The prevention of the early onset of diabetes is attributed to them, too.
These are packed with fibers. These greens are high in both soluble and insoluble fibers. They also come in variety of colors. From deep red to dark green and purplish green, you will never be bored with them.
Thomas Jefferson is believed to be a great fan of broccoli.