This thin, lace-like cookies with a layer of chocolate are so addictive. Paired with a cup of english tea or smooth cup of coffee, they’ll be a sure hit!
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/3 cup heavy cream
– 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/3 cup butter, melted
– 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with a silicone mat or parchment paper, set aside.
2. Combine flour, oats, sugar, and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Combine heavy cream, corn syrup, vanilla, and butter in another bowl. Stir well using a whisk until smooth. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix well to combine.
4. Scoop 1 teaspoon portions of the batter into each prepared baking sheet, spacing them 2 to 3 inches apart ( the cookies will spread as they bake) try to make the cookies uniform in size.
5. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool completely.
6. Pair 2 cookies that are similar in size. Spread or drizzle melted chocolate on 1 cookie, then place the other cookie on top. Repeat with remaining cookies. Allow to set completely.
Store in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator or freezer.