This fast and easy broccoli recipe can be served with your choice of meat or as it is. It can be a side dish that will add a little class to your meal.
- 1/4 kg (approx. 2 cups) broccoli florets
- 1 cup chicken or beef stock
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar, adjust if needed
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, mix with
2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ground black pepper
1. Heat cooking oil in a wok and sauté garlic over medium high heat.
2. Add in chicken/beef stock and broccoli. Cook for about 3 minutes. Stir in oyster sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, and brown sugar.
3. Pour in flour mixture and stir while cooking for about additional 2 minutes. Season with pepper.
4. Transfer on to a serving dish and serve with brown rice if desired.
There are many benefits of eating broccoli such as it decreases blood sugar, high in protein, prevents heart disease, and rich in calcium. Broccoli is not only high in fiber that is good for your metabolism but also rich in vitamin C that could help your immune system.