If you’re craving for a succulent seafood meal. Try this yummy plump prawns tossed in butter and coconut recipe. It takes less than 20 minutes to prepare!
Serves: 3 to 4
– 3/4 cup freshly grated coconut
– 600 grams (about 12 pieces) prawns
– 1/4 cup cornstarch
– vegetable oil for deep-frying
– 4 to 6 tablespoons of butter, adjust if desired
– 4 pieces bird’s eye chillies
– 2 tablespoons minced garlic
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, divided
– 1/4 loosely packed fresh basil leaves, divided
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons rice wine
1. Squeeze grated coconut to extract the coconut milk set aside the coconut milk.
2. Trim the prawns but leave them unpeeled. Make a slit at the back and remove the black vein. Lightly dredge in cornstarch.
3. Heat oil in a deep pan. Deep-fry prawns until bright-colored but not completely cooked. Set aside.
4. Melt butter in a wok and sauté chilies and garlic; season with salt. Do not brown the garlic too much or it will become bitter. Add 2 to3 tablespoon of the coconut milk for extra savory taste, stir and add half of the cilantro and basil leaves.
5. Add sugar, soy sauce, rice wine, and grated coconut. Add the prawns and cook for about 2 minutes or until prawns are done.
6. Toss in the rest of the cilantro and basil before serving. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Squeeze in some lime juice if desired.