Bananas are rich in pectin. It helps in the digestive processes. It also helps in dealing with toxins and other heavy metals from the body.
Bananas are also great for workouts. Eating at least two pieces of bananas will give you enough energy for a strenuous workout. It is also a great help for the management of the blood sugar.
There are a lot of reasons to eat banana. There are more things to discover. Just make a quick search and you’ll be thrilled!
- 1/2 cup of firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 4 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup of granulated sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 48 vanilla wafers
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add brown sugar and butter, cook mixture until well melted. Stir constantly until it becomes bubbly. Add bananas. Remove from heat.
- In a heavy sauce pan, mix milk, 3/4 cup of the sugar, all-purpose flour, and egg yolks. Cook over low heat. Whisk it constantly from 8 minutes to 10 minutes. It should have a pudding-like consistency. Remove it from heat and stir in vanilla afterwards.
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Divide banana mixture, wafers, and pudding into ramekins.
- With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites at high speed. It should become foamy. Add the rest of the granulated sugar, one tablespoon at a time. Beat until reaches stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over the banana pudding. Place them carefully on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes until the meringue is firm and lightly brown on top. Cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!