Tired of the usual dinner menus?
This delectable beef recipe is definitely worth a try! Rich in flavor and comforting cheesy-tomato beef dish presented with tongue-tickling tasty twists.
• 1 kilogram beef tenderloin, cut into cubes
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 3 tablespoons lime juice
• 2 tablespoons cooking oil
• 4 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 medium-size onion, chopped
• 1 large tomato, chopped
• 2 medium potatoes, cut into large cubes
• 1 cup water
• 1 cup tomato sauce
• salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 pieces dried bay leaves
• 1/2 cup grated quick-melt cheese or cheddar cheese
Marinate beef in soy sauce, lime juice for at least 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a pan, sauté onion and garlic for about 3 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, stir in beef with marinade. Cover and bring to a boil over a medium-high heat. When boiling, lower the heat, pour in water and continue cooking until the beef is tender or for about 1 1/2 hours. Add more water if necessary. Add in tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper according to desired taste. Add in potatoes and grated cheese, simmer beef for another 15 minutes or until sauce is slightly thick and potatoes are tender. Add bay leaves and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
• Serve warm with steamed brown rice or sautéed vegetables as side dish. Garnish with parsley.