Serving a creamy and warm soup makes the meal more special. This cauliflower and white cheddar deserves a try! Deliciously creamy white goodness, subtle sweetness and milky smooth soup concoction.
2 tablespoons butter
1 small white onion, minced
1 1/2 cups potatoes, peeled, diced
1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
kosher salt or iodized salt
white pepper, ground or powder
6 cups chicken broth, heated
1 cup milk
1/2- 1 cup grated white cheddar
1/2 teaspoon thyme
parsley, finely chopped (for garnish)
* In a saucepan, over moderate heat, melt butter. Add in onion. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender but not browned.
* Add cauliflower florets and potatoes. Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
* Pour in chicken broth and milk. Add thyme. Stir and bring to a boil. Add in grated white cheddar and stir until cheese is melted.
* In a blender or food processor, purée mixture. Or blend in desired mixture. Adjust seasoning.
* Transfer in individual soup bowls and top with croutons and chopped parsley.