2 chicken breast fillets, cut in bite-sized cubes
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, cut in cubes
1 green bell pepper, seeded, cut in cubes
1 medium white or yellow onion, cut in cubes
For the Caribbean Sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 of a jalapeno pepper, minced
1 teaspoon minced ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups orange marmalade
1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
Pinch of salt
* If using bamboo skewers, soak skewers in cold water for at least an hour before using. This will avoid skewers from burning easily when grilling.
* Place chicken cubes in a big bowl and set aside.
* In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add ginger and pepper and cook for about 2 minutes. Add marmalade, black pepper, salt and lime juice. Simmer for about 3 minutes while constant stirring. Remove from fire.
* Pour 3/4 of the sauce over the chicken cubes and marinate for at least half an hour.
* Thread chicken cubes, yellow pepper, onion and green pepper alternately on skewers.
* Heat a griller on high (electric or charcoal). Grill kebabs for about 4 minutes on each side, basting with the extra sauce in between turns until chicken is cooked and slightly charred.
Serve with your favorite sides! Enjoy!