- 1/2 brown onion (large), grated
- 2 garlic cloves (medium), peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup olive for pan prying
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- A pinch of chili flakes
- A pinch of sugar
- 4 chicken breast cutlets
- 1 cup of pankho breadcrumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil leaves, sliced thinly
- 8 ounces of sliced mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- Put the olive oil in a sauce pan. Heat the olive oil in medium heat.
- Sauté the onions for 2-3 minutes, add the minced garlic cook for 1 minute. Add the crushed tomatoes, red pepper flakes, oregano, and sugar. Simmer for 3 – 4 minutes, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken cutlets, one at a time, between two layers of wax paper or plastic wrap.
- Using a meat tenderizer or a mallet, pound and/or roll the chicken pieces to an even thickness of a quarter to a half of an inch. Sprinkle salt on both sides of the cutlets.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and salt in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, whisk the eggs together.
- On medium heat, heat the olive oil in a sauté pan. Wait until the oil shimmers or when a piece of breading drop sizzles.
- Dip the cutlets in the egg mixture, then in the bowl of breadcrumbs. Work in batches.
- Fry the chicken cutlets on medium heat until they turn golden brown on each side. It will take from 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Arrange fried cutlets on a baking sheet. Top with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and sprinkle basil leaves on top.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!
Parmesan cheese is a good source of Vitamin B12 and Calcium. It provides Phosphorous and Selenium, too. It is also a source of protein as well as other nutrients.
To metabolize carbohydrates and to make sure that it is distributed well in cell membranes, the body needs phosphate. Phosphate is also needed in muscle contraction as well as in the process of getting the bones and teeth mineralized.
Garlic offers tons of health benefits. Its antibacterial and antiviral properties has made it control common infections and prevent food poisoning. It can eliminate bacteria such as Salmonella enteritidis and E.coli.
Garlic works best with the promotion of cardio health. The compounds in garlic keep the blood vessels from blockage. These sulfur-containing compounds also prevent the hardening of the arteries. Blood clots are also prevented from forming inside the blood vessels.
There are so many ways that this dish is so nutritious. Check the health benefits of olive oil, oregano, and pepper among other ingredients.