Indulge in this decadent dessert-inspired smoothie. It’s so good, you won’t believe it’s good for you.
These luscious, succulent berries are more than a sweet treat for your palate, they’re actually nutrient powerhouses that deliver various health benefits. Sweet cherries contain fiber, vitamin C and the antioxidants carotenoids and anthocyanins, each of which helps in preventing certain types of cancer. Sweet cherries are also a good source of the minerals iron, copper, manganese, zinc and potassium, which is good for the heart and blood pressure.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- ¼ cup frozen unsweetened sweet cherries
- ¼ cup non-fat milk
- ½ cup sugarfree vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ice cubes
- Combine the cherries, yogurt, milk, cocoa powder and ice in a blender. Blend on high speed for 40 to 60 seconds or until smooth. Stir in the honey.
- Pour into tall chilled glasses and serve immediately.