For the churros batter
1 cup flour
1 stick butter
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons granulated or caster sugar
cooking oil for deep-frying
2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
extra 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the chocolate dipping sauce
1/2 cup cooking dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup cooking milk chocolate chips
3/4 cup thick or double cream
1 tablespoon corn syrup
To make the chocolate dipping sauce
* Place chocolates, cream and corn syrup in a heavy bottomed sauce pan and heat on low fire until melted. Stir gently until chocolates melt and sauce becomes smooth and shiny. Remove from heat and store in a warm place to cool.
To make the churros batter
* Mix 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon powder in a bowl, then transfer on a plate.
* Combine butter, water, sugar and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then lower heat. Sift in flour, while stirring continuously for a minute. Remove from heat.
* Place flour mixture in a mixing bowl. Using an electric hand mixer, add eggs one at a time and beat on low speed until each addition has been incorporated. Spoon batter mixture in a pastry bag fitted with a large star nozzle.
* Heat oil in a deep frying pan on medium high heat. Hold pastry bag few inches above the oil and squeeze out batter up to 5 inches long and snip off tip using a knife. Fry until golden brown all over, about 3-4 minutes. Drain on a cooling rack lined with paper towels. Roll churros on cinnamon sugar mixture until well coated.