Bottle up everyone’s favorite breakfast item for an all day, anytime bacon treat.
Did you know that a strip of bacon contains 5 grams of fat and 45 calories. Reduce fat content of bacon by draining it well on a drip tray after frying.
– 6-8 pieces bacon strips
– 1 piece white onion, diced
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 2 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
– 1/2 cup Brown sugar
– 3 tablespoon maple syrup
– 1/2 tablespoon instant coffee dissolved in
– 1/2 cup of water
crackers, toasts or crusty bread
1. Cook bacon on medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until crispy. Remove and set aside.
2. Leave 1 tablespoon bacon fat in the skillet and toss in onion and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.
3. Add Apple cider vinegar, Brown sugar, maple syrup and coffee, wait until mixture boils.
4. Put prepared bacon ( break into small pieces) and simmer over low heat until mixture is thick and reduced. Serve on cracker or toast.
Practice healthy cooking during the holidays. Minimize use of fat by grilling and using non- stick pans.