Aren’t weekends the best? You not only get to take things easy, you also get to spend more quality time with the whole family. Try this easy to make delightfully different roasted chicken. It’s nice brown sheen, appetizing aroma, and full flavor makes your family weekend more special.
• 1 whole chicken, (approx. 1kg.)
• 2 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
• 1 1/2 tablespoon classic coffee powder
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
• 2 teaspoons freshly cracked peppercorns
• Preheat oven to 450°F.
• Combine ingredients in a bowl, olive oil, garlic, coffee, soy sauce, honey, and peppercorns. Then rub chicken thoroughly with the mixture. Marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
• Place chicken on a baking dish and brush with additional olive oil.
• Bake chicken in oven at 450°F for 1 hour or until juices run clear when meat is poked with a fork.
• Let chicken rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
Serve with potato marbles, pita bread or tortilla. You can also eat it with brown rice. Add cucumber or carrots strips, if desired.