For sheer simplicity, nothing beats this dish. And since it uses ingredients that are a staple in every kitchen, you can easily cook it when unexpected guests arrive for dinner.
• 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
• 1 small onion, diced
• 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 1 medium carrot, peeled and cubed
• 2 medium tomatoes, cubed
• 1 big can corned beef, chunks
• 2 cups water
• 1 beef broth cube (optional)
• salt and pepper to taste
• coriander leaves for garnish
1.) In a large pan, heat oil. Sauté garlic until the aroma comes out, add in onion, potatoes, carrot, and tomatoes. Cook until potatoes turn slightly brown with continues stirring.
2.) Add in corned beef and cook-stir to break beef into small pieces. Add water and beef broth. Let it simmer until beef cube melts and potatoes are slightly tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with steamed rice and garnish with coriander leaves.