Though this breakfast smoothie tastes like the iconic orange Popsicle, it’s actually a balanced breakfast that contains carbohydrates, protein and electrolytes, thanks to its secret ingredient, coconut water.
Coconut water is naturally fat-free, cholesterol-free, and low in calories, super hydrating and contains more potassium than a banana. Coco nut water contains more than 10% of the recommended daily intake for potassium, which is quickly lost when you sweat. Potassium is a mineral that is used to maintain proper fluid balance in the body, build muscles, maintain normal body growth and control the electrical activity of the heart.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup cold pure coconut water
- 2 cups ice
- Combine coconut water, mango, orange juice concentrate, yogurt and ice in a blender. Blend on highest speed until smooth.
- Pour the contents into chilled glasses. Serve immediately.
- Decorate with sliced orange.