Warm up your cold nights with this creamy to goodness soup. Have it with bread, cracker or biscotti.
– 1/2 cup orzo (risoni pasta) or macaroni pasta
– 350 grams chicken breast, cubed
– 2 tablespoon butter
– 1 medium white onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 5 cups chicken stock or water
– 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
– 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
– 1 cup all-purpose cream
– 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
– 1 small carrot, diced
– 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
– parsley, to garnish
1. In a large saucepan, sauté butter, onion and garlic over medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes until onion is tender. Add in chicken and cook until it changes color.
2. Pour in stock or water and dried thyme. Bring to a boil and lower heat to simmer, covered until chicken is cooked. Add carrots and pasta. Continue to cook for 7 to 9 minutes until pasta is tender.
3. Whisk in flour and cream. Add corn and cream to broth. Bring to a boil and stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
You can also add in asparagus for additional nutty flavor.