Here’s to add to the Christmas cheers, a simple yet delicious beef recipe perfect for the yuletide season!
Beef and spinach are good sources of iron. Iron is needed in healthy blood, immunity and metabolism. It is best absorb by the body when you have ample supply of Vitamin C.
– 1/2 kl round tenderloin beef
– salt and ground black pepper to taste
– 3 tablespoon soy sauce
– 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
– 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
– 1 cup of flour
– 2 cups chopped spinach
– 1 tablespoon butter
– 1/2 cup all purpose cream
1. Mix soy sauce, minced garlic, lemon juice, pinch of salt and pepper then put in the beef to incorporate. Leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Heat cooking oil, roll the beef in flour. Pan fry beef until tender but not overcooked.
3. Remove beef from pan and transfer in paper towel to drain excess oil. Slice it to desired thickness.
4. Leave around 2 tablespoon of cooking oil in the pan and add in the spinach and cook for 30 seconds or until wilted.
5. Put butter and pour in cream, bring to a simmer.
6. Drizzle on the top of prepared beef or served on the side.
Enjoy this dish with fruit dessert that is rich in vitamin C or red wine.